I seem to be in chocolate mode - this Chocolate and Kirsch Tart is another masterpiece, and what's more, it becomes better with time. I suggest you bake it 2 days before you need it.
Difficulty - easy!
Preparation time - about 20 minutes
Baking time - 25 minutes
Melted butter for greasing
Plain all-purpose flour for dusting
75 g dark chocolate
1 tablespoon cold water
60 g butter, softened
3 eggs, separated
90 g ground hazelnuts
1½ teaspoon kirsch
A pinch of salt
30 g (3 tablespoons) caster sugar
100 g dark chocolate, melted, for the topping
Fresh strawberries to serve
1. Heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Using the melted butter, grease the inside of a 16 cm spring-form cake tin, and sprinkle with flour.
3. Break the chocolate into pieces and add the cold water. Melt the chocolate on a low setting in the microwave, stirring often, until smooth.
4. Whisk the soft butter and egg yolks into the chocolate. Stir in the ground nuts and kirsch and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and salt together until soft peaks form.
6. Add the caster sugar and continue beating until the mixture is meringue-like. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until risen and firm. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. (It will fall flat, so don't stress.)
8. When the cake has cooled, remove from the tin. Drizzle with melted chocolate and keep in an airtight container for a day or two. Serve with fresh strawberries.
There you have it! Another reason to eat chocolate...(as if we need an excuse!)
Another great idea from "Sophia Lindop"...